We want to be the #1 resource when you want to reliably improve the deep snow performance of your sled. We search out and find products that we feel will offer enhancements to your mountain sled while maintaining at or close to stock reliability. We then share our findings of what we have found that works and what doesn’t. Our part sales generate the income to help support our appetite for testing and sharing our findings of the latest and greatest from the factory and aftermarket world.
Experience: We have a combined 40+ years riding and tuning snowmobiles in the mountains.
Riding: We love to ride in the trees. The deeper the snow the better. The more tech(trees) the better. We love to try and get each other stuck following each other. You will typically find us on the weekends(and some weekdays if it is deeeep) in Washington, or BC chasing snow and trying out a new part or clutch tune.
Our Mission: We are a testing and research company for any deep snow performance enhancing products. We love to ride and tweak new model sleds to determine what works and what doesn’t from the factory and from the aftermarket world. We sell and promote what we have proved to ourselves to be a worthy investment no matter the company that produced it.
Our success: Riding the Mountains and using our products on a regular basis is one of our keys to success. Another key to success is keeping an open mind to new ideas. We can sit in the shop and think about what may or may not work but only the results in the mountain will prove us right or wrong.
Our General Test Process:
You may wonder…How do we test? We have a pretty simple approach.
- We have a baseline sled. This sled is typically pretty close to stock and stays in that state of tune throughout a given test.
- We make a change to our test sled’s and then compare them to the baseline. We compare in the following situations: Highmarking in the untouched, backshifting in on/off throttle instances(trees), overall upshift and backshift feel, rider friendliness and of course a little drag racing.
- Discuss what we liked or didn’t like about the change.
- Adjust the setup to address the complaints.
- Ride and repeat the above steps until we feel that we have developed the best set-up available for the deep snow application
We are glad you found us and we hope you decide to choose Rooster Built LLC when it comes to making fast even faster, and far even further.